Thursday, August 19, 2004

Ode to Michael Dell V


Dear Michael Dell, I'm here to greet you once again,
Just give me a minute so that I can explain,
I've had a bottle of ale with delicious food,
And once again I'm in a Shakesperian mood,
The reason I am writing so often to you,
I'm most unhappy with Dell, here's my point of view.
Michael, it's time to "recall" this damnable thing,
Dell's sperm's responsible for this ugly offspring!
Installing Windows ME was a major error
That made Dell's Dimension just a holy terror.


All this happened between nine p.m. and one a.m. one evening some months ago:
I kept getting (six times or so) a huge empty white box, covering about 1/3 of the screen, and at the bottom center was one word CLOSE, and I could not do a thing but click on Close. No other message in it, no explanation.

I could restart,work awhile, then this box came up again. Nothing more. One option click close again and restart. No reason, nothing.

Then, over and over again a small box popped upAd Shield. Error 0x8008005. I could not do a thing as it shut down everything else. I shut down the Pop Up thing three times, unchecking it each time, and when next I would open it up - I'd find it checked again!

Then, when it would start up, all programs closed, a box with: There is not enough memory to close run this program appeared. I did not have a single program open at the time, but was trying to open Works. I had plenty of available memory, that's certain.

Then Works shut down completely: The Works Task Launcher cannot access the task you selected. Files needed to start the program may be missing, corrupted, or may have been deleted. To restore or replace files, reinstall the program, and then try starting program again.

Going back to Outlook Express later I got: Outlook Express. The Application was unable to create the spooler object. Memory full. 0c8007000E

It took me three times to get it up and running again. I finally finished my work and shut down properly.

This morning the first thing that came up was The last time it went on hibernation, it stopped responding. Would you like to shut off the hibernation. Yes. No. The thing seems to have a mind of its own. Altogether, trying to get through these problems, I lost more than an hour's working time.

Vas ist los? At this point I hate this damn Dell computer (more. It stinks.

Why does a large white blank box appear with a single word Close and that's all? My anti-Virus program detected and healed 3 viruses on the 20th. Virus checks now show clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home