Wednesday, June 09, 2004


HP MUST HAVE CALLED MICHAEL DELL. DELL WITH WINDOWS ME INSTALLED MUST HAVE SCREWED UP SCORES OF THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS. (DELL, THE COMPUTER FROM HELL.)
I sent copies of my poem, Dell, the Computer from Hell* to Hewlett Packard, from the CEO on down. I'll send more this week, and more the next week. *(Scroll down to read it.)

Why HP? Well, QUITE a number of times my HP printer or scanner has refused to run and I always thought it was due to the HP software, not realizing that this, too, could be attributed to Windows ME. Now that I understand more about it, it's the ME program by Microsoft installed in Dell computers that can also cause the peripheals to fail. So, Dell won't give me any satisfaction, but if this lousy ME program makes an HP product look bad, then I think that HP should get involved too. Perhaps they have some clout, because I certainly don't have any.

I guess they did take note of my letter, because about 20 cards and letters to Dell only produced a call from one guy, Brandon. This time, pronto, a call came from Sharon Sweeney of Dell Corp. and she mentioned the HP printer right off, so how did she know? HP must have called Dell and complained. Or maybe a PC Magazine reporter or columnist did so. Or the Attorney General's office. Or my Senator's office. Hmmmmm. Someone did get their attention, at last.

But Sharon also told me that a couple years ago when they got persistent complaints from others within the "warranty" period, they ssent them a credit for an XP update! What? Only those who complained? Sure, they screwed all the rest of us, because if they failed to notify all the rest of their clients who bought Dell computers that ME was faulty, then, in my opinion, they were screwing us over, but good.

But then, how many did they fail to notify? I mentioned the auto industry being required by law to notify ALL car owners when there is a fault that needs fixing. Her reply, "Well, we're not the auto industry." Right, Sharon baby, you aren't. Lucky you. Lucky you. It requires a government oversight to get Michael Dell and his company to do the right thing, the way it looks to me. I've been sitting here, thwarted, upset, for months and months because that lousy DELL needed millions more in profits for their execs to buy bigger yachts. May their Karma be a hole in the bow! Miss Sweeney told me that I definitely would not get anything further from DELL. Wow. That Miss Sweeney...she's a meanie.

No, I, like many Seniors, did not realize that Windows ME was at fault. I kept blaming my own stupidity. I did not bother DELL, nor go through those lousy phone trees and all that garbage. Okay, Michael Baby, my poem is on the Internet and it will make the rounds. I'll add to it. It would have cost you a $99 item you buy at wholesale to have been honest with me. Watch what it will cost now! Miss Sweeney also told me that any letter I write to you or any exec will not go to you, but straigt to her, that you're filtered. I figured as much, dear Michael. You will read it, sooner or later, somewhere. But so will thousands of others...DELL, THE COMPUTER FROM HELL. Read it below. (Wally, next door, just replaced his ME with XP because of all his problems. My daughter did two weeks ago.)

Me? All the problems I've had, the times my Guru has come to the house, the stress...now they owe me a new computer with XP!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home