Saturday, May 22, 2004


DELL COMPUTER + WINDOWS ME = TROUBLE
I have written to seven or eight executives at Dell Corporation concerning the continuing problems I have had with a Dell 4100 and Windows ME, including several to Michael Dell, the CEO. of the company.

After experiencing an endless series of problems for months on end, I am sick and tired of it. They're never ending. My local Guru has spent hours adjusting things, tweaking them, to get me up and running again. When you consider the tens of thousands or even millions of people who have had to call in outside help when ME would not perform correctly, collectively that adds up to a lot of money.

They did have a Dell Technician call and we discussed these problems. His recommendation was for me to uninstall Windows ME and then he will guide me through a re-installion. Why? I'll end up with the same damn thing when I am finished as when I started. The same damn thing that has cost me hours and hours of frustration. I've even invented some new swear words along the way. If you are having a problem with ME, I'll include them in another Blog.

I told the Techie that essentially, if I had engine trouble with my car, he would be advising me to rent a hoist, undo the engine bolts, hoist the engine up, let it sit up there five minutes while doing nothing to it, then drop it back into the engine compartment, bolt it up again and pretend that I have improved things! I wrote this same interpretation to all these big-time executives who earn hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions annually, just plain bunk.

He also told me that I can buy an XP upgrade and that would resolve the problems. No, I don't want this damn ME in it at all, even with an XP upgrade. I do not wish to build an XP program upon an ME foundation. Look, computers run your car today, right? Well, if they were as undependable as this Dell with Windows ME has been for me (and millions of other users), we'd have a traffic jam from coast to coast! Bullcrap, Mister Dell, that does not sound logical to me.

Microsoft says it is a Dell problem, because the Windows ME is in a Dell computer. Yep, if any part in your car gives out early, you go to the dealer, not the manufacturer of the part. DELL MUST KNOW FULL WELL THAT THEY SOLD AN UNSTABLE PROGRAM WHEN THEY INSTALLED ME, but they think we're going to buy another DELL with an XP program now? Michael, me dear boy, no way. No way at all.

I want a new computer with XP in it, a stable usable program, in it. I've had times when my computer was out of whack three days running, a total waste of my time and energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home