Tuesday, July 15, 2003

POLITICALLY CORRECT OR NOT? BULLCRAP.
Once again, let me stress that I am not a real Sports Fan! Yet, it is part of the news and I do go through the Sports Section of the L.A. Times each day, so that at least I have some knowledge of who is who in different sports, except for Soccer. I at least knew when McGwire and Sammy Sosa were hitting home runs a few years ago, and where they stood each day.

Dusty Baker, manager of the Chicago Cubs, just got his tit in a wringer. Why? He said that Black players do better on hot days than Whites. After all, the race he's discussing does come from Africa, is used to the tropics, and Whites are not. Now, in years past a couple of fine baseball men have been forced to resign in disgrace because they were Whites who opined about popular misconceptions about Blacks.

Well, Dusty, do you know what? I've always observed that most of the White race comes from colder climes, and most of the Black race comes from real hot places, like Africa, and right or wrong, I've had sort of the same opinion. So, who the hell cares? Dusty may be right. He may also be wrong, So, I may be right or wrong, just like Dusty Baker, but does it really matter? Does it really matter? He's a credit to the sport. He's a credit to his race. He's a credit to humanity. If he were a relative of yours or mine, we'd be bragging and damn proud to let people know it. Let it pass, for cripes sake, let is pass.

I don't need his autograph. I've got 5,000 sheets of paper flying around here at it is and don't know what the hell to do with them all. Maybe double that. But, I'd shake his hand and be honored, whether he thinks that as a White guy I am not as good in the heat as a Black guy or not. Look at these Black guys who come out of remote parts of Africa and become world class runners! Isn't it possible that there is a tiny, tiny bit of difference in the Genes? Or the centuries in the hot climate acclimates them more quickly in the heat. Now, all I have to do is to say that Whites do better in the cold and snow and someone will shoot me down on that one.

But, who's to say that it may not be true? And if someone absolutely proves it true today, another scientist may disprove it twenty years down the line. What difference does it make?

Right now I am thinking that millions of Blacks and millions of Whites may also share his opinion. Well, we may all be stupid and seemingly racist, but why make a big issue of it? That's when the problems begin, when someone has to start a big fight over what amounts to little or nothing. Balderdash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home